Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 21:08:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   -current kernel problems

	I had upgraded from the 11/23/95 -current kernel to the latest
-current kernel since 12/28/95 and have tried to recompile a kernel after
a make world on all the -current code up to the latest 1/2/96 2:00PM PST
one and it seems like the new kernel vm_page faults and then all the
binaries that are run by /etc/rc are all core dumped as well as destroying
the /mnt directory on the HD and it won't make it to the login: prompt
unless we use the older 11/23/95 kernel.  We are using the ASUS P55TP4XE
motherboard with the 8/28/95 Bios using a ASUS NCR810 based SCSI Card
with a DEC/Sequent 5400S 4.0GIG SCSI HD.  Does anyone have any ideas what
the problem is?  Thanks!

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin