Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:16:24 -0700
From:      Michael Matsumura <michael@limit.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ps2 mouse errors

I'm using a ps2 Microsoft intellimouse v. 1.1A in XFree86 3.3.6, and
occasionally and randomly my mouse cursor just freezes and my syslog gives
me the following:

Aug 17 00:09:28 jupiter /kernel: psmintr: out of sync (0000 != 0008).

I'm running..:

FreeBSD jupiter.limit.org 4.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE #0: Sat Aug 12 23:59:10 PDT 2000     root@jupiter.limit.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JUPITER  i386

This has only started occurring since...maybe two or three weeks ago (I'm
not sure).  I upgraded my system to -STABLE on the date above shown in
'uname -a', thinking it was a temporary -STABLE problem, but apparently
not...

Any suggestions would be welcome and greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Michael Matsumura
michael@limit.org