Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:54:31 -0500
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
To:        Tim Liddelow <tim@esec.com.au>
Cc:        Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru>, Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New kernel with its ATA drivers damages the filesystem

I am using an Apollo MVP3 and I have not seen any of these problems. At my job,
I have a Dual PII-333 that also does not exhibit this trouble, it is using the
standard PIIX4 440BX chip. Both are running UDMA33 hard drives, mine is a
7200rpm WD Expert 18G, and my work has a 17.2G 5400rpm maxtor. Basically, just
telling what works here. You may want to list some more info about your setup,
like if the hard drives are alone on the chain or if they share it with another
device, which Apollo chipset you are using, and anything else that may help
identify the problem area.

--cokane

Tim Liddelow had the audacity to say: