Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:55:15 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        Stefano Fedrigo <stefano@kaosmos.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting filesystems as a normal user

> From: Stefano Fedrigo <stefano@kaosmos.it>
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Mounting filesystems as a normal user
> Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 18:34:21 +0100
>
> Hi all,
> what is the correct way to allow users to mount and unmount cdroms?
> Is there on FreeBSD an equivalent of putting the option "user" in fstab how
> is in Linux?
> I tried to make /sbin/mount setuid and works, but I don't like very much
> that, even if the pc is my personal workstation, not a server.

    This is answered in the handbook. It requires more work than on
    linux where you just put 'user' in the options, doesn't work exactly
    the same (you can only mount to a directory you own), but the result
    is the same.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
2:54PM up 48 days, 1:37, 13 users, load averages: 0.04, 0.06, 0.01