Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 12:39:44
From:      "John Drake" <jdrake@usa.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getty

hello.

recently i tried to  set my system upp so that i could dial into it.
getty came as part of the system but i could not get it to work right.

so i got mgetty instead (which was very easy to set up,,even for me!).
but i was wondering,,getty is loaded everytime that i boot,,even
though i dont use it.anyone know what file initializes getty???

i tried /etc/rc but it wasnt that one.
id really appreciate any help,,im afraid that having both of them
initialize at boot may screw up everything!

the only problem that i had with mgetty is that it wont let me dial
out.
anyone know if you are supposed to be able to dial out when mgetty is
installed??(or did i  just mess up some where??)

--john.