Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:30:44 +0000
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG, Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Subject:   Re: Dos and Don'ts

> I sat down and wrote up a small list of these, for new users.  I
> hope to include this as part of the FOO.TXT files (if there is space
> available - I'm not sure if they go on the boot floppy), or at least
> somewhere easily visible.

A few suggestions:

DO use RCS for storing configuration files in /etc once your machine
is set up or write it down in a note book. Otherwise, you will forget
the majic one line change in /etc/<somenotobvious>. Many
configuration files in /etc include <foo>.local so use it.

Contentious ;-)
DONT use sendmail, use exim.

Duncan