Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 01:21:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Chris@aims.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Porting a SCSI driver from 2.2.x to 3.x

Chris Knight wrote...
> 	Thanks for the info. I'm looking at converting the DPT SmartRAID V driver
> that Mark Salyzyn made available for FreeBSD 2.2.x. Mark informed me that
> the conversion was on his list of things to do, but wouldn't be happening in
> the short term.
> 	Any gotchas that I should be aware of before allocating large amounts of
> time to this?

Before you do any work on this, talk to Simon Shapiro
<shimon@simon-shapiro.org>.  I know at one point he was working on a driver
for the newer DPT cards, but I can't remember what the status is on it.
(My memory is really getting bad -- I even talked to him about it last week
a FreeBSDCon...)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry