Date:      28 Apr 1998 16:54:29 -0000
From:      Jason Nordwick <nordwick@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Recursive File Transfers

J.A. Terranson, on Tue 4/28/1998, wrote the following:

> 	Short of installing SAMBA and using NT tools, is there any way to transfer NTFS
> trees over the local wire to our new FBSD boxen?  I was under the impression that NCFTP
> could do recursive ftp sessions, but it seems to fail if there is not a current directory structure
> in place PRIOR to initiating the transfer.

Are you ftping from the BSD machine or to it ?  What version of ncftp ?
ncftp3 lists a bug as "Directory caching and recursive downloads depend on
UNIX-like behavior of the remote host."

The ncftp3 man pages also says that get -R will only work for some hosts,
but put -R should work for all (dont ask me).

So you could try ncftp3 on NT, maybe ?

jay