Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:07:03 -0800
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        "David von Stetten" <stetten@gi.alaska.edu>, "Darren Wiebe" <dkwiebe@heartland.ab.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: vmware and FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE

David...

[YOU SAID...]
|...and -stable is half-way between -current and -release, so to
speak?
|I mean, -releases are from the -stable branch, which keeps going
after
|every -release until the next -release, and so forth?
|
|Confused... :-)
[NOW IT'S MY TURN.... ]
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding:

-release = "the CD(s)";
-stable  = "the CD(s)" + updates
-current = "the CD(s)" + updates + experimental stuff

The advise seems to be that newbies like me should stick to -release
until we know our way around a bit better.

later..........duke