Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2006 19:24:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jerry Bell" <jbell@stelesys.com>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with improving mysql performance on 6.2PRE

Many thanks to all who responded.  You are an incredibly smart group of
people.

The recompiling without static yielded much better results:

2950# super-smack -d mysql select-key-mysql.smack 10 10000
Query Barrel Report for client smacker1
connect: max=1ms  min=0ms avg= 0ms from 10 clients
Query_type      num_queries     max_time        min_time        q_per_s
select_index    200000  0       0       51118.22

>From ~34k qps to ~51k qps is quite an improvement!

I always thougt that compiling something static increased performance, but
then that's probably true for things that have to startup and shutdown
frequently.

Thanks again.

Jerry