Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:48:28 -0700
From:      Dan Finn <dhrider@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gimp2 port install fails with errors

 dfinn @ stewie : ~] : uname -a
FreeBSD stewie.thna.net 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #0: Fri
Jun 25 16:05:57 PDT 2004
root@stewie.thna.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STEWIE  i386

currently installed:
pango-1.4.0_1
fontconfig-2.2.2,1
gimp-1.2.5,1

I would like to upgrade to gimp2, and I have been trying to do this by
running make install in /usr/ports/graphics/gimp.

I get the following errors:
checking FONTCONFIG_CFLAGS... -I/usr/X11R6/include
checking FONTCONFIG_LIBS... -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfontconfig
checking for pangoft2 >= 1.2.2... yes
checking PANGOFT2_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/pango-1.0
-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-I/usr/local/include
checking PANGOFT2_LIBS... -Wl,--export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lpangoft2-1.0 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lz
-lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -liconv
checking if Pango is built with a recent fontconfig... no
configure: error:
*** You have a fontconfig >= 2.2.0 installed on your system, but your
*** PangoFT2 is using an older version. This old version is probably in
*** /usr/X11R6. Look at the above output, and note that the result for
*** FONTCONFIG_CFLAGS is not in the result for PANGOFT2_CFLAGS, and that
*** there is likely an extra -I line, other than the ones for GLIB,
*** Freetype, and Pango itself. That's where your old fontconfig files are.
*** Rebuild pango, and make sure that it uses the newer fontconfig. The
*** easiest way be sure of this is to simply get rid of the old fontconfig.
*** When you rebuild pango, make sure the result for FONTCONFIG_CFLAGS is
*** the same as the result here.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please direct the output of the failure of the make command to a file, and
then feed that file to the gnomelogalyzer, available from
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh, which will diagnose the problem
and suggest a solution.  If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot solve
the problem, report the problem to the FreeBSD GNOME team at gnome@FreeBSD.org,
and attach "/usr/ports/graphics/gimp/work/gimp-2.0.2/config.log" and the
output of the failure of the make command.  Also, it might be a good idea to
provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

I rebuilt pango using portupgrade -f pango but I still get the above
error.  My last cvsup of the ports tree was done yesterday.

Thanks
Dan