Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:00:51 -0700
From:      Chris <snagit@cbpratt.prohosting.com>
To:        "Don Munyak" <don.munyak@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ezjails, jails

On Sep 26, 2006, at 9:24 AM, Don Munyak wrote:

> Chris, If you have some links to good howto's and don't mind posting,
> I'd be greatful

I found the first link to be very helpful in building my own jail
setup script. It was invaluable to be able to repeatedly build it
from scratch... adjust things, tear down (reboot, chflag binaries, rm
-r jaildir) and start over. I gleaned some good stuff from the other
one too. As you repeatedly set up the jails, you start understanding
the virtualization and begin to rethink what you were planning. I
really recommend doing it if your deadlines allow 10 hours of playing
(I'm a bit slow ;-)).

Bear in mind that the most understandable guides on the web all seem
to be dated and adjustment is necessary. Also, I've yet to find any
targeted guides on specifically what to do with natd once you've
diverted the IPs but it would appear to be similar to how people use
natd to support private IP space but just stays within the machine.
I'm flying blind there so I have nothing to provide.

Here are the jail links.

http://www.section6.net/wiki/index.php/
Creating_a_FreeBSD_Jail#Getting_services_to_not_listen_to_.2A

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2006/03/09/jails-virtualization.html?
page=1