Date:      Tue,  4 Apr 2000 01:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dhesi@rahul.net (Rahul Dhesi)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: do acregmin, acregmax, acdirmin, acdirmax work as documented

Doug Barton <DougGuy@san.rr.com> writes:

>	You will get better results, and more likely to get help if you update
>the server machine to 3.4-Stable, or better yet, 4.0-Stable. There are
>so many bugs in the old NFS code, it would be hard to know where to
>start.

I could of course do that.  But I am afraid that a month or two later
you will, or soembody else will, tell me that 3.4 or 4.0 are too
unreliable to be used and I should use 3.5 or 4.x instead.  And so on.
And I then I will be so busy upgrading I will never get any real work
done.

And besides, the attribute cache is supposed to be on the client only,
not on the server, and the client is already running 3.4-STABLE.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@email.rahul.net> (spam-filtered with RSS and ORBS)
   See my ORBS faq: