Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2012 03:58:36 -0400
From:      "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Subject:   Re: Use of C99 extra long double math functions after r236148

> Do we have a wiki page listing the functions in libm we are missing?
> Having some kind of place to track progress and figure out what
> exactly is needed is the first step to getting these APIs into shape.

I already suggested this, and mentioned:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/MissingMathStuff

> Also, are there BSD licensed naive implementations of these functions
> we can use? Would it be okay to have slow, but accurate versions of
> these functions as a stopgap?

I don't know of any BSD-licensed routines that would be suitable for
use in the base system.  You can cobble together replacements from
various ports, with different licenses.  For example, if you wanted
accuracy and correctness, but didn't care about speed, you could use
math/mpc and math/mpfr.  Unfortunately, with many naive
implementations, you often lose more than just speed.

b.