Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2012 12:58:14 +0300
From:      Daniel Kalchev <daniel@digsys.bg>
To:        Erich <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD?

On 07.06.12 12:30, Erich wrote:
> On 07 June 2012 12:17:14 Daniel Kalchev wrote:
>>> just do what was recommended in this thread: wait. Tell this ones to
>>> a commercial client. They will use words on you for which use you
>>> get a life ban on this list.
>> If you are not qualified enough to handle issues like this, you would be
>> better to avoid offering your "integration services" to anyone. Or, of
>> you dare to -- you fully deserve those people yelling at you, or worse..
>>
>> Those who use FreeBSD to offer integration services and are qualified do
>> not whine, neither they wait. Those people do what the promised to do:
>> provide the customer with the requested solution.
>>
>> No, you are not born with prior knowledge of how ports work on FreeBSD,
>> it takes lots of time, effort and discipline to learn. You either invest
>> in learning the basic skills required to offer your services to others,
>> or you go play elsewhere.
>>
> this is precisely the kind of answer which stops people from using FreeBSD.
>
> Thank you for repelling more people and keeping the user base small.

None of this is unique to FreeBSD. It is exactly the same no matter what
OS or other tool you use. Either you know your tools and do your job for
the benefit of your customers. Or you don't know your tools, to the
detriment of those who trusted your claims otherwise.

As expected, you got the last sentence wrong. I wasn't referring to
FreeBSD, but to consulting and integration services :)
English is apparently not native to both of us.

Daniel