Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 10:13:26 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        June Carey <carey_june@hotmail.com>
Cc:        kris@obsecurity.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-4.3 IPv6 bug

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 03:56:04PM +0000, June Carey wrote:
> >From: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
> >To: June Carey <carey_june@hotmail.com>
> >CC: bugs@freebsd.org
> >Subject: Re: FreeBSD-4.3 IPv6 bug
> >Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 15:26:45 -0800
> >
> >Can you please:
> >
> >a) Test under a more recent version of FreeBSD: bugs are continually
> >being fixed, and this may have already been taken care of if it is
> >indeed an OS bug.
>=20
> I'm sorry, I haven't got FreeBSD-4.4 and haven't got the resources to get=
=20
> it. Perhaps someone can provide me with a FreeBSD-4.4 shell account on th=
e=20
> internet ?
>=20
> I saw no mention of this "bug" being fixed in the RELEASE NOTES for=20
> FreeBSD-4.4 ....

"Minor" bugs don't tend to get mentioned - there are literally
hundreds of them fixed between every release.  The IPv6 code is also
developed externally by the KAME project, so we don't even directly
see in the FreeBSD commit logs all of the bugfixes which were made by
the KAME developers between imports into FreeBSD (though they are of
course available in the KAME repository).

> >b) Provide source code exhibiting the problem, and send it to the
> >net@FreeBSD.org mailing list, which is a more appropriate list for
> >discussion of this problem.
>=20
> Well, the source code is semi-proprietary, in the sense that I was going =
to=20
> release it under a BSD license as an Open Source Project, but haven't got=
=20
> around to doing so yet.

Well then, write up a small test application which does the same thing
as the part of your proprietary code which is failing, and which
demonstrates the condition you're showing.

So far you haven't given enough information to diagnose the problem.

Kris

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--