Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:18:11 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://freebsd.org - RIP

> Translated, that says that hub.freebsd.org AKA mail.freebsd.org is no
> longer offering FTP services.

:(

> This, unfortunately, leaves us without a place to stage "development"
> bits and I therefore would like to call for one or two volunteer
> maintainers who'd be willing to maintain:
>
> 	ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/
> and
> 	ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/development/

I'm *NOT* volunteering, but would it be possible to have this bits
NFS-mounted on freefall, so that developers can access them w/out an
account on wcarchive?  This might ease some of the load, since it
wouldn't require the 'ftp maintainer' to got and get bits all the time,
when the only person *really* interested in them is the developer
interested in the bits.

Besides, I don't want him to have to wade through all the 'warez' I'm
having people download there. (Just kidding, just kidding. :) :) :) :)

Nate