Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:06:46 -0500
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@targetnet.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@qubesoft.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB-to-SCSI converter

* Nick Hibma (n_hibma@qubesoft.com) [001109 14:52]:

> This is not a problem as the thing works although it displays the
> message. Because it does not support the call it gives an indication
> that multi LUN devices are not supported.
>
> I have one of these cables and managed to newfs a 4Gb SCSI drive.
>
> Was anything connected to the cable when you connected it?

Yes, I've tried with a Yahama external CDR and a Syquest Syjet drive.  In
neither case did the device show up on the probe.  I do have "SCSI over USB"
working on the box, since I regularly use a USB zip drive on the same
machine and it comes up as device da0 right after the 'umass-sim0' probe.

Can you share your kernel config and/or dmesg for that 4gb drive you mention
?

Thanks.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                           james@targetnet.com
Targetnet.com Inc.                              Voice/Fax +1 416 306-0466/0452