Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:16:25 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean=2DS=E9bastien=20P=E9dron?= <jean-sebastien.pedron@medisite.net>
To:        FreeBSD Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ADSL disconnection

Hello the list

I have recently send a mail about disconnection of my ADSL line. The
modem was not responding after, and i had to turn it off and back, so I
can reconnect with ppp. I exchanged the modem with a new one, but the
problem is still here. So it does not come from the modem. When I use it
directly under Windows, there is no disconnection. Therefore, the
problem must be in my configuration of PPP. I use the script found in
the Handbook and tried to tune it with other scripts found on the web,
but the disconnections persist...

Here is my hardware :
Pentium 166 MMX
NIC Realtek 8029 10 Mbps with 'ed' driver
Modem Alcatel Speed Touch Home (Ethernet)

I use FreeBSD 4.3 with the included PPP.

If you could help me...
Thanks.

Jean-Sebastien Pedron