Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:30:16 +0200
From:      Marko Lerota <mlerota@claresco.hr>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to switch from Linux to BSD

Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org> writes:

>> Are there any good tutorials for using BSD on the desktop?
>
> Simple answer, if your only goal is to have a Unix-like desktop,
> you're better off sticking with Linux. FreeBSD is not really focused
> on desktop use, whereas a lot of the Linux distributions are, and if
> you're happy with the ones you are using there is no good reason to
> switch.

I agree with that. I had problems with Flash on AMD64 so sometimes
I couldn't watch Youtube videos :-). And that's not good at all :-).
I'm now using Linux as a desktop, and I'm not completely satisfied
with it. But all the servers are on FreeBSD, and I'm completely
satisfied with this.

--
Marko Lerota
Sent from my Gnus Mailer