Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:21:44 -0400
From:      Jan Rocho <jan@staticky.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   es1731 soundcard

Hi!

I have written to this list before about my ES1731 soundcard. Now I have upgraded to FreeBSD 3.4 since this version supports the soundcard and it's also found
by FreeBSD now:

zaphod# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (981002) Apr 17 2000 11:37:57
Installed devices:
pcm1: <ES1371Q AudioPCI> at 0xb800 irq 0 dma 0:0

But when I try to use it with xmms i get "Couldn't open audio" and with
xcdplayer I get "open: device not configured".

The only thing which I did to the kernel config was:

device pcm0

and then the controller pci0 is also in the kernel config.

However, anyone got suggestions what I have forgotten or what I'm doing wrong?

TIA, Jan