Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:29:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      "A.J. Werner" <warp9@northlink.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Multiple Root Partitions

Question: Can FreeBSD 2.2.5 see multiple root partitions on different
drives?
I have a 2 GB partition and a 4 GB partition.  We want to use the 6GB
partition as a backup of the other two drives to be bootable and just
tar everything over.  We figured out how to get around the boot up
problem through the SCSI bios, but now FreeBSD 2.2.5 cannot mount the
backup at all.  We just want to be able to mount the partition so we can
tar the 2 & 4 over as a backup of the box.  Here is what I have:

	partition       mounted as
       /dev/sd0a           /
       /dev/sd0s1f         /usr
       /dev/sd1s1e         /usr/users
       /dev/sd0s1e         /var

but when I go to mount the 6GB drive, it does not recognize it.  I just
want to mount it as /backup and then have it bootable to be root incase
of failure.  Any suggestions???

					Sincerely,
					 A.J. Werner
				 Northlink Technical Support