Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:53:56 +0300
From:      Pavel Timofeev <timp87@gmail.com>
To:        miwi@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfce 4.8 upgrade errors

> Martin Wilke:

> please recompile again and restart it should really work.

Hmm, may be I do something wrong, but it doesn`t work.

By the way, new xfce4 from fresh ports looks very bad.
After fresh install it told me 'Welcome to the first start of the panel' and
I chose 'Use default config'.
And now I see that (look at screenshots):

Screenshot #1
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5904/mox87.0/0_62e05_925ad7d7_orig
1st, 2nd and 3rd icons/areas - is it normal location? I just added a plugin
to 3rd area. Before that it looked like 2nd. 4th area - don`t see icons.
Looks bad. Is it normal? Maybe I pick, I don`t know.

Screenshots #2 and #3
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6005/mox87.0/0_62e06_a32b7ba5_orig
http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5605/mox87.0/0_62e07_2c163ded_orig
missing icons.

Also opera crashes my system when I use it in xfce4. It permanently hangs,
no messages in logs and no response from system. If I launch opera in clean
Xorg (twm?) it works very good.

Sorry for my english and bad fotos. I just want to help. I use FreeBSD 8.2
RELEASE, fresh ports, last opera-11.01, last xfce4.8 from ports,
xf86-video-ati-6.14.0_1.
Do you need any additional info from me?