Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 16:22:22 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Nocturne <dpilgrim@uswest.net>, Brad Benson <bradley@softhome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: outlook mail  was:(RE: Logo merchandise)

On Thursday,  1 April 1999 at 22:37:32 -0800, Nocturne wrote:
> Brad Benson wrote:
>>

>>> Sure, that works, but it's a workaround, and a barely acceptable one
>>> at that.  I've been corresponding with users of Microsoft platform
>>> mailers (there, Terry!), and they continually run into trouble because
>>> they're used to autowrap.
>>
>> I'm constantly moving between various UNIX, FreeBSD, and Microsoft machines
>> and have become used to the work arounds involved. I would hope that most
>> people on these list could handle some basic work arounds. after all Work
>> arounds are a way of life in the computer world unfortunately.
>>
>> I know there are problems with the Netscape mail program, but are they only
>> on the Windows version? Are these problems present in most GUI based mailers?
>> Mac, X-Windows, and such.
>
> This message is sent using Netscape Messenger v4.51.  Do you see any
> problems with the formatting?

Not this one, but the maximum line length was 76 characters.  You
carefully omitted the original mutilation :-) Remember the original
challenge?  Something like this:

If you can reply to that without mutilating it, without entering
explicit CRs, and without making your own text too long, I'll be
impressed.  I think you *should* be allowed to reformat it, as long as
you keep the indentation level, something like this:

Of course, even that gets a bit useless by the time you have 70 quotes :-)

Greg