Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 12:36:28 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Unlocking vnodes from different processes

In Vinum, I sometimes need to lock a vnode in one process and unlock
it in another.  Since 3.0, I've been getting panics when I do this:

panicstr: lockmgr: pid 429, not exclusive lock holder 428 unlocking

Can I assume that the other parameters (flag, p) to VOP_UNLOCK will
enable me to do this anyway?  Also, since I don't perform the lock
directly (it happens as a side-effect of opening the vnode), is there
a kosher way to find out what process locked the vnode?

Greg