Date:      09 Jul 1998 16:35:41 +0200
From:      smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        zhihuizhang <bf20761@binghamton.edu>
Cc:        hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Multi-threaded and TCP/IP window size

zhihuizhang <bf20761@binghamton.edu> writes:
> (1) I know for sure that FreeBSD does not supported multi-threaded.  I am

I beg your pardon? What's this then:

des@freefall ~$ uname -a
FreeBSD freefall.freebsd.org 2.2.6-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE #0: Fri May 29 01:56:28 PDT 1998     jkh@freefall.freebsd.org:/d/src/sys/compile/FREEFALL  i386
des@freefall ~$ apropos thread
pthread(3) - POSIX thread functions
pthread_create(3)        - create a new thread
pthread_detach(3)        - detach a thread
pthread_equal(3)         - compare thread IDs
pthread_exit(3)          - terminate the calling thread
pthread_getspecific(3)   - get a thread-specific data value
pthread_join(3)          - wait for thread termination
pthread_key_create(3)    - thread-specific data key creation
pthread_key_delete(3)    - delete a thread-specific data key
pthread_once(3)          - dynamic package initialization
pthread_self(3)          - get the calling thread's ID
pthread_setspecific(3)   - set a thread-specific data value
XInitThreads(3), XLockDisplay(3), XUnlockDisplay(3) - multi-threading support
XtAppSetExitFlag(3), XtAppGetExitFlag(3) - thread support functions
XtToolkitThreadInitialize(3) - initialize the toolkit for multiple threads

There's no kernel support, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com