Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:20:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Tiemann <btman@ugcs.caltech.edu>
To:        "Larry S. Marso" <larry@marso.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gtk11 out of date

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Larry S. Marso wrote:

> The ports collection is still at 1.1.2; 1.1.5 has been released.
> There are incompatibilities even among the GTK apps currently in the ports.
> For example, replay won't compile against 1.1.2.

	As I understand it, it's because of incompatibilities in the GNOME
libs. GTK 1.1.3 was committed in the gtk11 port a few weeks ago, but this
broke everything GNOME-related, and it was reverted to 1.1.2.

	The idea is evidently that GNOME 1.0, when it is released in
January, will have full upward compatibility with the new GTK releases; at
that time gtk11 will be brought up to date.

	At least, that's what I'm led to believe...

Brian