Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:25:02 +1000
From:      <freebsd.org@carmoda.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   browsing networks

Hi,

[please 'cc' me when responding, i'm on digest]

I have asked this before, but I have rephrased it hopefully whereas I might
get a more accurate response.

I have a new FreeBSD 5.1 workstation running Gnome2 and I would like to
browse my file server [FreeBSD 5.1] so I can edit files and generally get a
visual on what's there etc.

The File server is running samba and I can browse it from my laptop [win2k]
with no problems...

But how should I browse my unix server from my unix workstation? SMB? if so,
how do i get the in built file browser in gnome to let me browse the SMB
fileserver..? When i try to access the server from my 'network servers'
folder in gnome i get :"smb://fileserver" is not a valid location.

i did also try 'gnomba' but it tells me smbmount is not found, although it
sees the filesystem, it wont let me mount. [samba 3.x is installed on my
workstation]

help! is there an easier way..?!