Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 23:19:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   messed up ring buffer.

Hi Gang:

Tried the SAME opti931 card on another machine (Iwill motherboard)..  And
even with my patches, this machine has a problem with the ring buffer not
getting flushed. It's like a auto-repeating answering machine (every 10
seconds or so)..

WIll try the DMA mods Luigi suggested tommorrow..

Observation:

In my previously posted patch (sound driver shipped with snap-980804), the
"if (b->dl>0)" was found to be crucial. I inadvertedly left it out of this
machine, and the machine would lock up upon buffer full..

Bernie