Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 10:42:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu (Guy Helmer)
Cc:        radova@risc6.unisa.ac.za, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 16 ports Boca - anyone using it?

> On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, A. Radovanovic wrote:
>
> > I got a Boca BB2016 16 ports serial card. I am thinking to put it into the
> > 2.0 system, but I am not shure is it going to work?
> > Currently, I am using a 6 ports Boca.
>
> Yes, I have one BB2016 installed and working on a 33MHz 386 running
> FreeBSD 2.0.5.  It's currently serving 8 lines with a mix of 14.4Kbps and
> 28.8Kbps modems.  I have another 2016 waiting to be installed in our
> other modem server...

I've been using one and have had mild problems - but I am currently
suspecting the motherboard rather than the BocaBoard (every few weeks
FreeBSD stops "seeing" interrupts from the board, fascinating, there's
now a probe on the interrupt line so we can determine the hardware reality,
but I suspect it will look just fine...  and I'm using similar multiport
hardware elsewhere, so I doubt it's FreeBSD...  and that motherboard is a
bit strange).

Anyways, even in my case, it works GREAT 98% of the time  :-)  Other than
the $^*@^@#^%$@ 10-pin RJ45-ish connectors which are a real pain (I like to
make my own cables).  Highly recommended piece of inexpensive hardware.

... Joe