Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:58:52 +0100
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml@buz.ch>
To:        Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek@bgp4.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: ATAng: completely broken? Trouble with HPT370 on 4.9RC3

Hello Janet,

Sunday, October 26, 2003, 1:52:52 PM, you wrote:

> Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

>> Further, 4.9RC3 also gives me headaches with HPT370 but seems to work ok with
>> Promise RAID, didn't try SATA or VT8325 so far. I'd definitely vote
>> for delaying 4.9 until some more people have beaten on the ATA drivers
>> in there (I don't have any Intel machines so I can't check those chipsets).

> What kind of problems are you seeing with 4.9RC?

Setup says there are no disks in the system!

> I am running a  rocketraid100 (HPT370) card fine on it in RAID1
> mode.  What kind of system are you running the HPT370 on?

Gigabyte VAXP KT400, Realtek LAN, Promise FT133 Lite (that one works
with 4.9 RC and RAID1), Sil 3*** SATA RAID,
Athlon XP 2400+
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 80G ATA100 drives
Adaptac ATA1200A HPT370 PCI card
Not much luck on Asus KM400 chipset based board, either.

Best regards,
 Gabriel