Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 2013 17:07:40 -0400
From:      George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
To:        Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Progress on Raspberry Pi

On 09/21/13 15:01, George Mitchell wrote:
> On 09/21/13 14:25, Tim Kientzle wrote:
>>[...]
>>> 2. Now that I can do something when I get the prefetch abort or panic,
>>> what should I do at the "db>" prompt to help debug it?  It's happening
>>> about five or six times a day.
>>
>> Type "bt" to get a backtrace.  That's the single most informative
>> thing.  Note:  The first few stack frames displayed are from inside
>> the debugger itself and aren't particularly interesting.  The important
>> frames are a little later where we see *why* we ended up in the
>> debugger.
>>
>> Tim
>>

> Okay, will do.  I'll try to collect a few and maybe post them in the
> few days.
>
> Any predictions of what will happen if I try to compile and install
> x11/xorg on the RPi?                                     -- George

It appears that "t" is the command to use here.  The first one is in:

http://www.m5p.com/~george/pi/trace1.txt

along with kernel.tbz, which includes my /boot/kernel/kernel.symbols,
/boot/kernel/kernel, and kernel/kernel.gz.tramp (don't know what that
is, but my tar command picked it up).  Perhaps that will help decipher
the addresses in the backtrace.  This one occurred while I was
re-running "portmaster -BDg devel/glib20" under the script command to
see why the whole "gio" include directory isn't getting installed.
Using MALLOC_PRODUCTION=yes doesn't seem to have cured this problem
-- George