Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 2003 13:56:20 -0400
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAng problems

I thought I was going to miss out on the ATAng issues...

I use a SanDisk CompactFlash PC Card Adapter to read my digital camera
pictures.  It worked fine before ATAng.  Now I get:

ata2: spurious interrupt - status=0xff error=0x00 reason=0x00
ata2: spurious interrupt - status=0xff error=0x00 reason=0x00
ata2: spurious interrupt - status=0xff error=0x00 reason=0x00
ata2: spurious interrupt - status=0xff error=0x00 reason=0x00
ata2: spurious interrupt - status=0xff error=0x00 reason=0x00

And after transferring some data the machine locks up.

I updated last night from my week old -CURRENT but still have the same
problem.

Starting update: Sat Sep  6 21:27:09 EDT 2003
Finished update: Sat Sep  6 21:35:20 EDT 2003

http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/laptop/5/20030907-1331 has the
verbose dmesg.boot and dmesg showing the insertion and removal of the
card as well as other things.

It doesn't lockup until I try to transfer data.  When it locks up and I
restart, it has typically transferred about 10 - 15 700K to 1.2M photos.

lambert@lambertfam.org