Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 06:53:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Local mail delivery & file locking?

>Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:51:46 +0100
>From: fergus <tofergus@yahoo.co.uk>

>best guess is that she has set her default mbox to the same as her spool
>mail box & there is no check for it so they are overwriting each other.

But mail.local does try to lock the file, and the use of the spool mail
box is the default -- I certainly do the same, yet encounter no
problems.  (Nor have I, ever since I started using "mail" as an MUA,
which was ca. 1986.  Of course, various things have changed a bit since
then....)

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.