Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:59:52 +0400
From:      Alexander Churanov <alexanderchuranov@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating 'boost'

Jerry,

Since the new set of ports is not a derivative of the devel/boost, but
rather just a bunch of ports conflicting with the old devel/boost, I
doubt that portupgrade automates this in full.

One of the solutions may be removing devel/boost and installing
devel/boost-libs. The binary compatibility is expected to exist. In
case you have devel/boost-python installed, you need to replace it
with two ports: devel/boost-libs and devel/boost-python-libs.

Sincerely,
Alexander Churanov,
maintainer of devel/boost-*