Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:27:23 -0700
From:      "Aaron" <click46@webpimps.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise RAID Cards [drivers]

Hello,
     Before you hit the reply button and type "we've been over this", I
have but a few simple questions.
     It's been said that Promise wont respond or refuses to hand over
needed specs for driver development to any FreeBSD programmer. What I'm
wondering is:
     - who is contacting promise?
     - who at promise are they contacting?
     - who "officially" is in charge of such things with the FreeBSD
group? Is there anyone delegated to speak on behalf of the FreeBSD
project to hardware manufacturers?

thanks - click46