Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:23:54 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Saifi Khan <saifi.khan@twincling.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is there a roadmap for FreeBSD ?

--5QAgd0e35j3NYeGe

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:37:28AM +0000, Saifi Khan wrote:
> Hi all:
>=20
> Is there a roadmap for FreeBSD ?

I'm not sure there even is one. :)

The road that is taken depends mostly on what the people working on the
code want to tackle, I guess. Looking at the -current mailing list
should probably give you an idea what is being worked on.

Personally I don't think roadmaps are all that usefull for open source
projects that depend on volunteer work. Volunteers tend to work on an
area that either scratches an itch for them or that interests them.=20
=20
> What exactly is 8.x trying to accomplish ?

Generally, CURRENT is a branch to introduce changes that would be too
intrusive in the release brances or STABLE.

Other than that, you'd better ask on the -current or -hackers list.

Roland
--=20

--5QAgd0e35j3NYeGe

--5QAgd0e35j3NYeGe--