Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:50:55 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware question (Intel Mobo + 3Ware RAID) ...

I'm putting together a new FreeBSD server ... decided to go 1U this time,
and just ran into a snag ...

I'm using the Intel SE7520JR2 Mobo in an SR1400 chassis ... everything is
put together fine, but went to install my 3Ware 9500S-4LP controller, only
to find out that it doesn't fit ...

Has anyone worked with this hardware combination, that can tell me what
Riser card I need to order in order to use this controller?  From what I
can tell, the riser has to go into the "FL Conn" (black) slot on the
motherboard, otherwise the cables will melt against the CPUs :(

Thanks ...

----