Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:02:04 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Mario Goebbels <mariog@tomservo.cc>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: Debian GNU/FreeBSD???

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 12:51:49AM +0200, Mario Goebbels wrote:
> I'm slightly offtopic with this, but what the heck is that:
>=20
> http://www.debian.org/ports/freebsd/index
>=20
> I was slightly irritated when a pal showed me that!

It's Debian people being silly.  Someone decided they liked the FreeBSD
kernel and the Debian way of doing userland and combined the two.  As
you can see from the webpage, it's not exactly popular (the site hasn't
been updated in four months.)  It's more or less legal and doesn't hurt
anything.

-- Brooks

--=20

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC