Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:40:29 +0100
From:      "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org List" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   10.1 geom "diskid"

Hi, all,

next question, sorry. I just created a fresh 10.1 installation
with ZFS. With the last reboot after adding dedicated SSD
based l2arc and zil, the underlying devices are referred to
by "diskid" instead of the GPT labels I have first been using:

	NAME                                STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	zroot                               ONLINE       0     0     0
	  mirror-0                          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk0                       ONLINE       0     0     0
	    gpt/disk1                       ONLINE       0     0     0
	logs
	  diskid/DISK-BTTV334403R7200GGNp2  ONLINE       0     0     0
	cache
	  diskid/DISK-BTTV334403R7200GGNp1  ONLINE       0     0     0

I can live with that, but I do not understand why the ada2 device
changed from gpt/* to diskid/* while the others did not?

/dev/gpt entries are not even present for ada2, neither are ada2p?

At least the system could try to be consistent ;-)

Thanks
Patrick
--=20
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100
info@punkt.de       http://www.punkt.de
Gf: J=C3=BCrgen Egeling      AG Mannheim 108285