Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:43:06 -0600
From:      Jason Hunt <jason.hunt@niicommunications.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail issue

Greetings,

I am having a slight problem that I can't pin down that hopefully
someone can help me out with.

I have setup a mail server for our company, and everything
is working properly except for a paticular person who has
to use our smtp server from remote.  I am only allowing
relaying from our firewall (so win machines that are natd
behind it can use the smtp server).  The problem with
this one user is that he can only send mail to people
that the have accounts on the server.  If he tried to send
email though the server to someone else on there
ineternet, its gets Relaying denied.  When I configured
the mailserver macro file I used the FEATURE('access_db') -
in the /etc/access.db (which is a hash file), I added
our firewall to get relaying to work.  However, now I am
trying to put this person email address in there so that it
will also relay.  According to what I have read the access
text database can have examples like the following:

IP    RELAY
user@ispmail.net    RELAY

well it seems that having the email address of the
person in question does not work -- only to
people that have email accounts on that machine.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong here or how
I can get this person to use our smtp server?  I can't
do it by IP since he is on a dialup and its dynamic, and
I do not want to allow the enter IP's that paticular
dialup has :)  Thanks for any help