Date:      Wed, 8 May 1996 10:48:57 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, iang@iafrica.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation query

On Tue, 7 May 1996, Doug White wrote:

> If the BIOS supports the whole disk natively (like my Phoenix does), then
> you will no longer need Disk Manager.

At present, no it does not. However, the only that will be on it is FreeBSD.

> If you want to run only one operating system, then you can remove the
> Boot Manager too.  Otherwise, how are you going to boot the other
> operating system(s)?

I want to run FreeBSD on one hard drive (the one with the overlay installed)
and DOS on another hard drive (less than 400mb, so no overlay needed).

I don't need a boot manager (although it would be nice). If I understand
this correctly, what I should do is zap everything, remove all
partitions, create a dos partition and install Win95 on it and then
install FreeBSD. Then I will get the boot manager.

---
Khetan Gajjar
Visit at http://www.iafrica.com/~khetan/
UUNet-Internet Africa Operations