Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:44:51 -0600
From:      Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
To:        Richard Sharpe <rsharpe@ns.aus.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tuning for samba

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:20:51AM +0930, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Certainly, a 2GB machine that I regularly test against does not notice the
> smbds start up all that much.

I have no real way of testing this type of load here, but first thing tomorrow
morning I'll know..

> > As a side note, the data being served will be attached to the samba server
> > via NFS.
>
> Hmmm, some of the locking stuff might be an issue then ...

This is my biggest concern.  I just don't know what to tune here since
the data just basically passes straight through the box, and the with
about of data being served and the access patterns buffering is pointless.

One thing I failed to mention, none of the clients ever write; the system
is completely read only.

Thanks.

--
Chad David        davidc@acns.ab.ca