Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2009 21:07:31 -0800
From:      prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printer hp officejet pro k8600

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:28:03 -0800
Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net> wrote:

> These are the four files that I have installed:
>
> foomatic-db-20070124_2 Foomatic database
> foomatic-db-engine-20070124,1 Foomatic database engine
> foomatic-db-hpijs-1.4 Foomatic data for the HPIJS printer drivers
> foomatic-filters-3.0.2_4 Foomatic wrapper scripts

thank rem!
following your instructions and learning that i had a corrupt ppd file,
i downloaded a new one from linuxprinting.org

now the rip problem is gone and everything appears as though it should
work just fine.

unfortunately, cups sees the printer as 'busy' and keeps retrying the
test page. i can ping the printer and print to it from both linux and xp
machines, but it is showing up as busy even though i shut it off and
restarted.

i can't seem to print from the console either using lp - the job shows
up as processing or pending but nothing prints.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's