Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 1995 20:30:34 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pcd0??

>From files.i386:

i386/isa/pcd.c                  optional        pcd     device-driver

Would someone kindly explain what this is doing here?  The referenced
file doesn't even exist!

I would like to remove it and will do so in 24 hours if nobody pipes up.
It's also referenced in LINT, and this is simply deceptive of support
we currently do NOT offer!

This entry is relevant to the change:

revision 1.67
date: 1994/12/26 01:06:41;  author: ats;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
Correct the devices.i386 for the major numbers. 8 was already used now
by the lkm driver, so put scd and pcd to the numbers they have now
in i386/conf.c.
Add the pcd.c file for the panasonic driver in files.i386.

But I've mailed Andreas Schulz 3 times about this and never received
an answer, so I can only presume that his mail is either broken or he's
dead.  The scd driver never existed either, at least not until about
5 minutes ago!  I have absolutely no idea what Andreas had in mind,
and he's not talking, so....

					Jordan