Date:      28 Aug 2000 11:43:01 -0400
From:      Allan Strand <stranda@cofc.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   burndata/wormcontrol problems

The situation:

FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE
ACER CD-RW
  (relevant line from dmesg: acd0: CD-RW <CRW6206A> at ata1-master using WDMA2)

I have previously (under FBSD 3.4) been able to write CD-R with no
problems using the burndata script in /usr/share/example/atapi and the
hardware setup I have now..

Now when I try it, I am having problems with wormcontrol.  It is
giving me these errors:

wormcontrol: ioctl(WORMIOCPREPDISK): Inappropriate ioctl for device
wormcontrol: ioctl(WORMIOCPREPTRACK): Inappropriate ioctl for device

after dd'ing data to the CD-R, I also get another error from
wormcontrol.

Unsurprisingly, the the disk produced by this method is unreadable.

Obvious things I am missing?

Cheers,
a.
--
Allan Strand,   Biology    http://linum.cofc.edu
College of Charleston      Ph. (843) 953-8085