Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:19:38 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Darksidex <humprhey@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount_msdosfs

Darksidex wrote:

>Hello list,
>
>I'm trying to mount a HD that is fat32 formated. I try:
>#mount_msdosfs /dev/da0s1(yes, usb) /mnt
>but it fails.
>
>I think it fails because the disk capacity is near 200GB
>
>Is there something I can do?
>Thanks in advantage, and I sorry for my bad english.

According to:

     http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/todo.html

msdosfs work from OpenDarwin has been merged back
into FreeBSD.  This might address the "too large" issue,
but I don't know, being just a newbie myself.

So, it'd be either update to the latest release candidate
for 5.3, or attempt to grab just the msdosfs stuff from
the CVS repo and build that part of the tree against
your current installation.  ***I have no idea whether
this would work or not, and strongly advise you not
to do it unless you can get confirmation from an expert,
perferably a FreeBSD committer, or you like to fix
broken installations ....***

KDK