Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2013 00:16:06 -0600
From:      Andrew Klaus <andrewklaus@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suspend/Resume on Dell E6410 Laptop

Hello,

I'm running 9.2-RELEASE with a fresh load. Suspend/Resume works in Linux
and OpenBSD it seems, but FreeBSD doesn't seem to like it very much. I've
pretty well exhausted most of the troubleshooting from the acpi debugging
page.

Suspend to S3 works, but when trying to resume from S3, the screen stays
blank. If I leave the system as default, the keyboard still seems to be
responsive (backspace at the console beeps, and I can issue reset
commands). If I enable the hw.acpi.reset_video, keyboard doesn't work and I
need to force reboot. The acpi.suspend_delay didn't seem to help much
either.

I've dumped the dsdt and force rebuilt it (with 18 errors). I also tried
setting the ACPI OS to Windows 2001, Window 2009, and Linux in loader.conf.

If anyone can help out, it would be greatly appreciated. I really want to
be running FreeBSD on my laptop full time.

Thanks!
Andrew