Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:53:17 +0100
From:      Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        adhir@worldbank.org, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        schilling@fokus.gmd.de
Subject:   Re: Yamaha CDR-400

>From adhir@worldbank.org Tue Mar 10 00:37:00 1998

>I am trying to use cdrecord (versions 1.5 and 1.6a11) to write a CD with
>my Yamaha CDR400c, firmware revision 1.0i.

>So far, I have been unsuccessful in writing a CD, either in dummy mode or
>for real.  I always get errors.

>cdrecord 1.6 quits with "cannot get disk type" (after recognizing my
>CDR400), and cdrecord 1.5 quits (after counting down) with "write track
>data: error after 0 bytes".  Both report "Input/Output errors" before
>failing.

>The CDR400 is not recognized by the worm0 device.  As far as I know, this
>should not matter where cdrecord is concerned.

>I'm running FreeBSD-current (supped/world made as of today) in SMP mode
>and have tons of ram and disk.

If you are unprecise about what problems you really have, I canot help you.

If cdrecord-1.6a11 says cannot get disk type, try without -v
But I am wondering that yo get this error because the Yamaha does support
READ ATIP.

Cdrecord-1.6a11 does work fine with the Yamaha (firmare 1.0d)

I am wondering why I put in a sophisticated SCSI sensecode decoder into
cdrecord and you cannot even copy the error message to your mail.

Jörg

       schilling@fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling