Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:50:45 +0100
From:      "Bas v.d. Wiel" <bas@kompasmedia.nl>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?=D0=90=D0=BD=D1=82=D0=BE=D0=BD_=D0=9A=D0=BB=D0=B5=D1=81=D1=81?= <antoniok.spb@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gd errors after rebuilding PHP

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:44:43 +0300, Антон Клесс
<antoniok.spb@gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't helps me.
>
> Then I try this:
>
> # env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libpng.so.5  |grep png
> LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libpng.so.5
> # env |grep png
> #
>
> Is it OK that env doesn't save its status (LD_PRELOAD)?

<snip>

You should put the whole command on a single line (e-mail cuts off the
lines here):

#env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libpng.so.5 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22
restart

In essence you're just restarting Apache in the usual BSD way, but with an
ad-hoc added environment variable. The env command doesn't save its
changes, but that is correct behaviour. I haven't tested this with a 'real'
environment variable yet because I decided to roll back the upgrade to wait
for the issue to be solved.

Bas